High-power, next generation charging station
Design injection molded parts for a consumer/commercial high power charging station to be wall or pole mounted
- Maintain a minimum footprint while allowing for easy assembly of all subcomponents in a UL/ETA listed water tight housing
- Identify and source a robust material that will withstand everyday use and meet V0/UV requirements, at a reasonable price point
- Designed a housing with only three major components, utilizing off-the-shelf gasket materials and strain reliefs to help minimize tooling and production costs
- Incorporated ribbing, bosses and other features inside the housing to minimize additional fastening components
- Partnered with industry professionals to identify a suitable polycarbonate grade to meet or exceed all of the customer requirements, while remaining within the customer’s targeted price point
PRe Plastics provided a total project solution, in-house, for design, development, tooling and production for ClipperCreek.
For more information about ClipperCreek’s products and capabilities, please visit www.clippercreek.com.