Create a free-standing support system for balloon/floral arrangements
Design injection molded parts to replace extruded and injection molded parts currently made in China, while improving the overall design, function and price point. Develop a new and functional product line.
- Convert low tolerance extruded and repurposed parts to consistently durable, fitted components
- Mold key parts flat for packaging purposes that possess a folding hinge to work at 90 degrees when assembled, in a clear, concealable material
- Design many new features in all new parts, maintaining a low price point
- Replaced extruded parts with injection molded parts possessing high tolerance mating features necessary for an acceptable final product
- Designed a folding hinge system with enough strength to endure the lifespan of the product with the ability to be molded flat for packaging purposes
- Selected a Block Copolymer Styrene to achieve the necessary strength and durability, yet enough flexibility for the hinge. Its clarity made it ideal for concealment
- Built an aluminum family tool containing 20 cavities, in-house, to meet the tooling budget, as well as provide the targeted price point for the part set
PRe Plastics provided a total project solution, in-house, for design, development, tooling and production for Celebration Arrangements.